So I decided to play around and see what I could do with some photo frames I picked up. I have seen this technique done a few times but never really tried it myself. The first creation I made was using a $1 frame I bought at Target awhile ago.

808|300

The paper and ribbon were just sitting around and I’m not really sure where I picked them up. To apply the paper I used Mod Podge, specifically for paper in matte. If you haven’t used this before it is a waterbased sealer, glue, and finish. To get the paper size I laid the frame face down on the paper and traced around it, then cut it out. The ribbon is just tied on.

The second frame I picked up at Michael’s. I also got this one for $1 and it was just a plain wood frame.

803|300

I initially painted this frame with 2 coats of an off-white acrylic paint. Then I decided to paint the top half light pink with acrylic paint and add paper to the bottom half using the Mod Podge again. The paper is from SU! and it’s called Petals and Paisleys. The ribbon is also SU! grosgrain in white and celery.

I will try and post a tutorial on how to make altered frames later in the week.

WP-Backgrounds Lite by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann 1010 Wien