Have you discovered Pinterest yet?! I’m sure you probably have. I have been having so much fun using it lately to get card ideas. If you are on Pinterest and want to follow me you can find me here (inkedcreations). I saw a very similar card to this on Pinterest and just knew I had to recreate it! So here is my version of it.
This card uses the emboss resist technique, which if you haven’t tried it you need to! The idea behind it is to rub/sponge classic ink over the embossed area (in this case the flower). When you do that the embossing “resists” the color and you are left with beautiful shades of color behind the image. You can make it lighter or darker depending on your preference. I did mine a little darker on this one. You can use either clear or white embossing powder to achieve this look.
I know my monthly club ladies enjoyed this technique! I hope you give it a try!
Be creative, Kristin
- Whisper White 8-1/2X11 Card Stock
- Primrose Petals 8-1/2″ X 11″ Card Stock
- Primrose Petals Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Gumball Green Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Primrose Petals 3/8″ Stitched Satin Ribbon
- Clear Stampin’ Emboss Powder
- Stamping Sponges
- Blooming With Kindness Clear-Mount Stamp Set
- Basic Rhinestones Jewel Accents