Happy Monday to you! I have been playing around with the Swallowtail Butterfly stamp set and it’s SO much fun to use! This stamp really creates such a big, beautiful, and bold image on your cards. Today’s card uses the emboss resist technique and the Swallowtail Butterfly.
The first thing you need to do is emboss your butterfly using black embossing powder onto a scrap piece of paper. Once it’s embosses you can use sponge daubers to color the butterfly. I always start with the lightest color first (in this case Daffodil Delight) and work my way to the outer edges with the darker color. You can then blend the colors as you go. Once it’s colored in, you can cut it out and mount it onto your card front. Embellish as desired! For a detailed supply lists see my Stamping Supplies below.
TIP: I used our Tombo Mono Adhesive instead of SNAIL for the butterfly to make sure that it sticks down really well. The embossing tends to make the butterfly want to curl up at the edges.
This is really such an easy technique and it gives such stunning results! So go and give it a try! As always thanks for stopping by!
Be Creative, Kristin
- Swallowtail Clear-Mount Stamp
- First Edition Specialty Designer Series Paper
- Blessings From Heaven – Clear-Mount Stamp
- Papillon Potpourri Clear-Mount Stamp Set
- Real Red Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Tangerine Tango Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Daffodil Delight Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Sponge Daubers
- Basic Rhinestones Jewel Accents
- Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker
- Black Stampin’ Emboss Powder
- Versamark Pad
- Heat Tool
- Tangerine Tango 8-1/2X11 Card Stock
- Daffodil Delight 8-1/2X11 Card Stock
- Very Vanilla 8-1/2X11 Card Stock