Yeah! It’s one of my favorite nights of the month! I have the privilege of spending a few hours stamping with friends tonight at my monthly stamp class! If you live local to me and you are interested in joining us next month, I’d love to have you!
This card was one we made at a previous stamp class. I realized that I never shared it with you! It’s a perfect birthday card to send to a guy or gal in your life.
Summer Starfruit Card Base: 8 1/2″ by 5 1/2″
Bermuda Bay: 3″ by 3 1/2″
Whisper White: 2 7/8″ by 2 7/8″
Tips for creating this card:
- Make your own background. If you don’t have an designer series paper that matches your card or you just don’t want to add any, that’s okay! You can make your own background. For the background of this card I stamped the balloon stamp from the Sketched Birthday stamp set on the card front using Summer Starfruit Ink. It creates a nice background without taking away from the focal point of the card.
- Use your markers to highlight a stamped image. I wanted to give the cake image a little pop, but I didn’t want to color the entire image in. I grabbed a few markers and followed the sketch lines from the stamp image to highlight a few areas. When you are coloring in an image with small areas, it works best to use the writing (or smaller tip) end of the marker so your ink doesn’t go on too heavy. Don’t be afraid to use bold colors!
- Frame it. I love my framelits! For this card I used the forth largest square from the Square Framelits Collection to cut out the frame in Bermuda Bay. I added a piece of Whisper White cardstock behind it to stamp my image on. I created this card before Stampin’ Up! introduced their new On Film Framelits, which I think would work perfectly for this card as well!
- Brights Stampin’ Write Markers
- Bermuda Bay Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Summer Starfruit Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Bermuda Bay 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock
- Summer Starfruit 8-1/2″ X 11″ Card Stock
- Whisper White 8-1/2X11 Card Stock
Be Creative, Kristin