Hello & Happy Friday friends!! I don’t know about you, but I feel like I have been so short on stamping time lately. The boys are getting busier with activities outside of school and I always feel like I have a million things to do at home. Since time has been limited I’ve had to come up with some quick and easy cards to create. Today’s card fits into that category!
Crisp Cantaloupe: 5 1/2″ by 8 1/2″
Whisper White: 4 1/2″ by 3 1/4″
Designer Series Paper: 3 pieces of DSP 2 1/4″ by 1 1/4″
Tips for creating this card:
- Use up those scraps of Designer Series Paper (DSP)! This card lends itself to using all those little scraps you have laying around…and if you’re like me you have every last scrap just in case! I pulled out my favorite DSP right now, the Watercolor Wonder paper, and cut a few scraps the size I needed. The DSP is so colorful it really adds so much to this card without a lot of work!
- Add some sponging. Whenever I’m looking for a little something extra I turn to one of the first “techniques” I learned as a stamper…sponging! It adds a little extra pop to this otherwise simple card. I sponged the whisper white cardstock using the Island Indigo Classic Ink.
- A little ribbon or twine can go a long way! To finish off the card I tied a little Island Indigo Bakers Twine onto the front of the card.
- Pretty words can really make a difference on your card. I knew the card was going to be simple so I grabbed a greeting from the A Dozen Thoughts stamp set that I knew would jazz it up a bit. This is the perfect stamp set for a quick greeting!
So grab your scraps of DSP and give this card layout a try! I know you will love it and it will soon become your “go to” layout for quick and easy cards! If you want to see all the products I used on this card or to purchase any products please see my links below.
Be Creative, Kristin
- Crisp Cantaloupe 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock 
- Watercolor Wonder Designer Series Paper 
- Whisper White 8-1/2X11 Card Stock 
Tools & Adhesive
Ribbon & Trim