Sympathy cards are not something that I sit down to make unless I have a reason, which makes them somewhat difficult to make for me. I unfortunately needed one recently and I thought I’d share my final result.
Tips for creating this card:
- Sympathy cards lend themselves to being soft and muted. Use neutral colors or colors from the Subtles color family when creating sympathy cards to achieve this result. I used Sahara Sand for both the base of my card as well as the layering piece.
- The Thoughts and Prayers stamp set was created to work perfectly for Sympathy cards. I used the sayings in combination with the flowers from the Happy Watercolor stamp set.
- Add some embossing for elegance. I used Whisper White Embossing Powder on the flower image as well as the saying for this card. It really makes it pop when you emboss on a piece of colored card stock.
- Add soft colors. I went right to my Subtles color family to color in the flowers. The Stampin’ Write Marker colors used are Wisteria Wonder and Pear Pizzaz.
- Add simple embellishments. The simple bow on the front of the card using some Wisteria Wonder Ruffle Ribbon adds just enough embellishment for a sympathy card.
Be Creative, Kristin