Background stamps are an easy way to add to your card and the Hardwood Background stamp is no exception! I have been finding it hard not to want to use this stamp on all of my cards recently. Today’s card is one of the cards designed for my monthly card class. See my tips and tricks for creating this card below. I will attach a complete supply list below.
Tips for creating this card:
- There was no need for layers on this card when I stamped the Hardwood Background stamp in Soft Suede Classic Ink. Background stamps are great for adding depth and dimension to your cards!
- I wanted the card to have a feminine feel so I grabbed my Tea Lace Paper Doilies for that little touch! I just added half of a doily to this card.
- Butterflies stamped in Melon Mambo and Pool Party really brighten up the card. Don’t be afraid to add color! I used the Papillon Potpourri stamp set and coordinating punches to make these butterflies a breeze to create!
- Add dimension. When you have a ‘one layer’ card it’s important to add dimension in other ways. I achieved that here by using dimensionals to pop up the butterflies and the greeting which was stamped using the hostess exclusive stamp set Express Yourself.
- Finally I finished off my card with a little flower button in Melon Mambo and a little piece of bakers twine tied in a bow.
Be Creative, Kristin