Today’s card features the Seasonally Scattered stamp set. I used one of my favorite techniques called the Rock N’ Roll technique with the ‘thanks’ saying on the front of this card.
Old Olive (card base): 5 1/2″ by 8 1/2″
Whisper White card stock: 5″ by 3 1/2″
Tangerine Tango card stock: 5″ by 1″
Tips for creating this card:
- Start by embossing the front of your card base (Old Olive) using the Woodgrain Textured Embossing Folder. This folder really adds to the fall feeling of the card.
- Ink the “thanks” stamp from the Seasonally Scattered stamp set in Hello Honey Ink and then roll only the edges of the inked stamp in the Tangerine Tango ink. This is called the Rock N’ Roll Technique. Stamp this image onto your Whisper White card stock. You may want to practice this a few times to get the hang of it. Just make sure to clean your stamp well in between stamping.
- You can add stamps around your focal image if desired. I added some leaves in Hello Honey and the word ‘give’.
- Punch the strip of Tangerine Tango card stock using your Scallop Edge Border Punch and attach this to the bottom of your Whisper White card stock.
- Tear off a piece of Washi Tape from the Season of Style Washi Tape pack and adhere it to the lower right hand corner of your Whisper White card stock.
- Attach a piece of skinny ribbon (I used a retired ribbon here) using your handheld stapler.
- Add the main image to the front of your card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Be Creative, Kristin
I had a chance last week to sit down and play around with the new 2014-2016 In Colors! They are wonderful and coordinate so well together. I can already tell that Hello Honey and Blackberry Bliss are going to be two of my favorites! The ladies that attended my monthly card class last week also had the opportunity to create this card using two of the new In-Colors.
STAMPING TIP: To get the three different “swoosh” colors on the front of the card I inked up my stamp from the Work Of Art stamp set in Lost Lagoon and stamped it three times on the card stock without re-inking it. Each image then gets a little lighter as you stamp.
You can now order products from the new Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog!! Check it out HERE or send me a message and I would be happy to put one in the mail for you! Don’t forget I’m having my annual Open House on Sunday June 8th from 1:00-3:00 in Johnson Creek. You can come and pick up your very own copy of the new catalog and use the new products! Please RSVP to me if you are planning to attend so I have enough supplies cut.
Be Creative, Kristin
Fabulous new Weekly Deals! Don’t forget the new Stampin’ Up! Catalog is now online! You can view it HERE and orders can be placed at www.kristinchowanec.stampinup.net.
Click on any of the links below to go to my online store. Happy Shopping!
For a limited time you can join Stampin’ Up! for just $50 US! This amazing opportunity will only last until June 30, 2014, so take what you already love doing—stamping and crafting—and make a little money while you’re at it!
When you join Stampin’ Up! during this limited-time offer, you’ll receive:
- $55 US worth of products
- A 30 percent discount on your first order*
- A 20 percent discount on all your orders
- Free Paper Pumpkin Kit
- Free entrance to our annual Convention* (must be registered by the 20th of June)
Create friendships that will last forever and enjoy the benefits of fun, friends, and creativity—become a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator today.
Contact me at email@example.com for more information!
Hello! It’s day two of holiday card inspiration! Today’s card was inspired by a beautiful card I saw on Pinterest created by Teneale Williams. I adapted my version to accommodate the supplies I had on hand.
This was one of the four cards created at my Holiday Jingle event and it was definitely a favorite of many. The only tricky part was using the Expressions Thinlits to cut out the word “Merry”. A quick tip for you when using the thinlits is to run them through the Big Shot at least three times. This should help it to cut all the way through and come out cleanly.
Be Creative, Kristin