Isn’t this a beautiful card?! I just love all of the little details on this card swap I received from Kathy Van Duser. I am always looking for great ideas for guy cards. What a fantastic card to give to that special guy in your life! See my tips for creating this card below.
Baked Brown Sugar card base: 8 1/2 by 5 1/2″
Designer Series Paper: 5 1/4″ by 4″
Natural White Cardstock: 4 1/2″ by 3 1/2″
Tips for creating this card:
- Sponging adds depth and dimension to this card. You can use either Stampin’ Sponges or Sponge Daubers. Both of these combined with any classic ink pads are perfect for adding ink around the edges of your cardstock.
- Add texture! The Retro Fresh Washi Tape adds great texture and Burlap Ribbon* adds a rustic layer to this card.
- Use a punch to add your greeting. The Extra-Large Oval punch was used here to add the birthday greeting from the Express Yourself Hostess Stamp Set.
*Our SNAIL adhesive isn’t quite strong enough to hold the Burlap Ribbon so you want to make sure you use a strong adhesive like our Sticky Strip to hold it down.
- Look Up To Father
- Express Yourself Wood-mount Stamp Set
- Retro Fresh This And That Designer Washi Tape
- 1-1/4″ Burlap Ribbon
- Gold Baker’s Twine
- Extra-Large Oval Punch
- Naturals White 8-1/2X11 Card Stock
- Baked Brown Sugar 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock
- Retro Fresh Designer Series Paper
- Stamping Sponges
- Baked Brown Sugar Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Pool Party Classic Stampin’ Pad
Be Creative, Kristin