Sometimes paper just speaks to me. I see it and I know that I need that paper and I can’t live without it! The Kaleidoscope Designer Series Paper did not initially grab me when I saw it in the Occasions Catalog. The colors are very vibrant and bright and I tend to gravitate towards more subtle or earth tones. We were given a challenge at our last team meeting to use some of the Kaleidoscope paper in a project and I love how it had me reaching out of my stamping comfort zone!
Smoky Slate Card Base: 4 1/4″ by 11″
Bermuda Bay: 4″ by 5 1/4″
Kaleidoscope DSP: 5″ by 3″ and 3/4″ by 5 1/4″
Tips for creating this card:
- Keep it simple! Because the Kaleidoscope Designer Series Paper is bright and busy a simple layout is nice. This is a simple layout that I have used over and over again in card making. The simplicity of this layout allows the paper to stand out and not be overwhelming.
- Use a neutral color. The Smoky Slate base color for this card really tames down the brightness of the designer series paper. Whenever you have a bright or busy focal point it helps to tone it down with a nice neutral color.
- Modern is the theme. The paper has a very modern feel to it and so I pulled out stamps that kept with that theme. The splatter on the top half of the card was created using the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set. The thank you stamp is from the Hello, Lovely stamp set and fits perfectly with this card.
- When the card layout is simple, adding little details such as the little arrow from the Hung Up Cute Clips and the Bermuda Bay Brights Candy Dots can make all the difference.
- Bermuda Bay 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock 
- Kaleidoscope Designer Series Paper 
- Smoky Slate 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock 
- Whisper White 8-1/2X11 Card Stock 
Be Creative, Kristin