I have been busy making valentine’s this week! This valentine is fun to make and uses a technique that I call a watercolor wash. See below for instructions on how to make this card!
Tips for creating this card:
- Start by embossing the front of your card using the Decorative Dots embossing folder.
- Next grab your Coastal Cabana classic ink pad and squeeze it together to get ink to pool in the top of the ink pad.
- Using your aqua painter, filled with water, you want to pick up some of the Coastal Cabana ink and do a wash over your Shimmery White cardstock. You will have to pick up ink and do this several times to cover the front of the cardstock. The Simmery White cardstock or Watercolor paper works best for watercoloring.
- Let this piece dry fully before stamping your image.
- Using your Memento Ink pad stamp the cloud image from the hostess stamp set Hello Love.
- Color in the open hearts with your Real Red Stampin’ Write Marker.
- Fill in the same hearts with your Dazziling Details and let dry.
- Layer your stamped piece onto your Basic Black cardstock and add this to the front of your card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add your Real Red Cotton Ribbon to your piece of Love Stack Designer Series Paper Stack and adhere to your card front.
- Admire your creation and send it off to your loved one!
Be Creative, Kristin