Well I had good intentions to get this Waterfall Card Tutorial up on the blog last Friday, so here it finally is! I love cards with movement they really can be a lot of fun.
This is a card that I designed for my Incredible Cards Club Ladies for February. I love the colors in this card, they remind me of springtime!
Here is a list of supplies you will need to make this card:
- Card base 11″ by 4 1/2″ in Pool Party (folded in half).
- Card front measuring 4″ by 5 1/4″ in Whisper White and embossed using the Polka Dots Impressions Folder.
- Waterfall anchor 3/4″ by 4″ (using a piece of coordinating Designer Series Paper)
- Waterfall mechanism 8 1/2″ by 2″ in Calypso Coral.
- (4) 2″ by 2″ squares in Soft Suede.
- (4) 1 3/4″ by 1 3/4″ squares in Whisper White.
- A piece of Whisper White measuring 1 3/4″ by 3″.
- 1 3/8″ circle punched in Lucky Limeade.
- 2 In-Color Brads (or coordinating Brads).
- 8″ of Ruffled Ribbon in Lucky Limeade.
Step 1: Using your paper piercing tool and mat attach your anchor piece (3/4″ by 4″) to the Whisper White card front using 2 brads. DO not glue this piece down or your waterfall will not work.
Step 2: Attach your Whisper White card front with anchor to the card base using snail adhesive.
Step 3: Score your Waterfall Mechanism in Calypso Coral using your Score Pal. You need to score it the long way (8 1/2″) at 3/4″, 1 1/2″, 2 1/4″, 3″, and 3 3/4″.
Step 4: Stamp your 1 3/4″ squares as desired. I used the For All You Do stamp set and sponged the edges of my pieces in Soft Suede. Attach these squares to your Soft Suede 2″ squares.
Step 5: Using only the first 4 scored rectangles attach your squares to your Waterfall Mechanism. Leave the last rectangle empty (this will be attached to your anchor). You call also add your 1 3/4″ by 3″ rectangle to the back of the waterfall mechanism.
Step 6: Using Sticky Strip attach the last rectangle of your Waterfall Mechanism to your anchor. Apply the sticky strip to the back of the rectangle attach it to the front of your anchor.
Step 7: Attach your Lucky Limeade Circle and ribbon to the bottom of your Waterfall Mechanism for the pull.
Enjoy your Waterfall Card!!
Happy Stamping, Kristin